Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program 2017/2018 | Teach Nigerian Language to American Students.
Foreign Language Teaching Assistant, FLTA, FLTA Application to Teach Nigerian Language to American Students.
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Abuja invites applications from qualified Nigerians wishing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
About Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program:
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine-month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education. The objective of the program is to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while providing future teachers from abroad the opportunity to refine their skills, increase their English language proficiency, and expand their knowledge of U.S. society and culture. FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): United States of America (USA)
Type: Short training
Award Provider: Government of the United States through the U.S. Embassy, Nigeria.
Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program – Eligibility
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
- Applicants must be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded
Duration of Scholarship: 9 months
How to Apply for Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Application Form:
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
- Other documents to be submitted include academic credentials, signed and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
- The application can be accessed at: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2017
Important Notes: For further inquiries, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja: email: CulturalAbuja@state.gov or U.S. Consulate General, #2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos;
How to get Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Updates at ease.
If you have you an active email address, subscribe to our newsletter below for fast updates.
Join our social media platforms, Like Us on facebook or follow twitter below for speedy updates.
Drop any question on the comment box below and also share this page.
Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program | Teach Nigerian Language in USA – 2017/2018 was brought to you by Schooling Nigeria (SNG). – SNG XCLUSIVE.