British High Commission Recruitment | Apply for the British High Commission Recruitment 2017 | British High Commission Career Portal.
- Application Deadline: 10th May, 2017.
British High Commission Recruitment
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following job position(s) at British High Commission. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of
disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant
Job ID: (05/17 LOS)
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
Start Date: 1 June 2017
Main Purpose of Job
- The Deputy British High Commission is looking for 2 Entry Clearance Assistant to work in the Visa Section.The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks to support visa operations. This position is a 6 months contract from June-November 2017.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the Jobholder be Expected to Achieve:
- We are looking for someone with good oral and written communication skills. In particular, the successful candidate should be able to work quickly and accurately, often under pressure, have a positive approach to tackling problems and a willingness to take on new tasks.
- The most important qualities required are diligence, resilience, self motivation, a flexible approach and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Undertaking a variety of administrative tasks to support delivery of remote printing processes for decisions made in Sheffield and Abuja.
- Oversight of daily deliveries and dispatch of application dockets and decisions with the commercial partner; checking manifests and applications and ensuring that TEEs and bags are securely sealed.
- Photocopying and management of the registries; including weeding and destruction of files in accordance with destruction guidelines and under the direction of the entry clearance manager.
- Contacting customers as directed by the entry clearance officer/manager.
- Managing the returned passport process in accordance with current guidance.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- IT literate in terms of using computers for email on a daily basis.
- Able to communicate fluently in both written and verbal English.
- Previous working experience within the last 12 months of working within a visa section, or other departments within High Commissions or Embassies overseas.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiarity with software packages (notably MS Word, Excel and straightforward databases).
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
- Starting monthly salary: N 263,239
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Nigeria will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
How to Apply for British High Commission Recruitment 2017
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 10th May, 2017.