African Youth Commission Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Executive Positions at the African Youth Commission – 2017/2018
African Youth Commission invites suitable young African to express interest in vacant positions within the secretariat of African Youth Commission (AYC) from February 27th to 13th of March 2017.
The African Youth Commission is an independent Pan-African youth organization being together to foster synergy amongst youth and regional youth organizations across the African continent and Diaspora. It’s the unique platform for young people from 55 African countries (including the Kingdom of Morocco) advancing the AU Shared Values through a network of locally based youth actors. The commission was inaugurated by Honourable Patrick Zhuwao, Minister of Youth, Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment, Republic of Zimbabwe during its inaugural assembly held at UNDP Regional Service Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 22-25 January 2017.
In accordance with article 9, section (f) of the present constitution, the Executive Council are mandated to invite, review and appoint the Executive Secretary/Coordinator, Directors and other Staff members to steer up the affairs of the Commission’s Secretariat.
Successful applicants would be responsible for the day to day running of the Commission in between the sessions of annual General Membership Meetings.
African Youth Commission Recruitment – Eligibility
To fit the criteria for application, interested applicants MUST;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years;
- Be national of any member state of African Union including the Kingdom of Morocco or African Diaspora, and be a resident in the African continent;
- Subscribed to the ideals and Pan African vision of “an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena”;
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in youth work or as a national, regional/continental youth leader or activist with a proven track record;
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the youth development and policy issues at national, regional, continental and global levels;
- Possess very good communication (both verbal and written) advocacy, lobbying, negotiations, team work, time management, organizational, resource mobilization and coordination skills;
- Be able to complete the online application form and submit along with copies of relevant documents such as a letter of recommendation, academic or professional qualifications, curriculum vitae or biography and recent photograph plus either a national identification card or international passport or birth certificate;
- Unlike the executive council, the secretariat is a FULL TIME PAID POSITION but as the commission is working towards mobilizing resources for running and programmes, the interested applicants must be committed to hold a position for a minimum term of three (3) year with condition to work for the initial period of 180 days or more (depending on the availability of resources) without a salary;
- The job may entail relocating from one’s country of origin to the host country of secretariat or travelling throughout the African continent and the interested applicants must be ready to accept this condition;
Read the present charter, to get a clear picture on expected roles and responsibilities of secretariat staff. Then complete the online application form if you think you have what it takes to serve in this capacity.
African Youth Commission Recruitment – Positions
The following positions are available and will be served for a three-year term:
- The Executive Secretary.
- Director of Resource Mobilization.
- Director of Budget and Finance.
- Director of Outreach and Engagement.
- Director African Community of Practice on Youth Development.
- Director of Youth Experts Working Groups.
- Director of Strategic Planning, Policy, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Director of AU Affairs, Regional Economic Communities, NEPAD and UN agencies.
How to Apply African Youth Commission Recruitment Application
Young people with passion for serving the African youth, the continent and contributing to the attainment of the Pan-African Agenda (the Africa We Want by 2063) are highly encouraged to apply. Interested applicants can learn more about the AYC initiative as well as its vision and agenda for Africa at website: www.auyc.org.
For a list of required documentation for application, including the application form, timeline for the call for application and the AYC Constitution, see the online application form.
Application Deadline: 13th of March 2017.
If you have any questions about the application or require assistance please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annex 1: The calls for application Timeline
The process is schedule as follows:
27 February 2017: the calls for application open
13 March 2017: The call for applications closes
15 to 25 March 2017: review and selection of applicants
25 to 31 March 2017: notification and appointment of successful applicants
01 April 2017: successful applicants take office
How to get African Youth Commission Updates at ease.
If you have you an active email address, subscribe to our newsletter below for fast updates.
Join our social media platforms, Like Us on facebook or follow twitter below for speedy updates.
Drop any question on the comment box below and also share this page.
African Youth Commission Recruitment for Executive Positions was brought to you by Schooling Nigeria (SNG). – SNG XCLUSIVE.