Africa Food Prize 2017 for Innovation in African Agriculture Application Form, Eligibility, Requirement and Guideline for the 2017/2018 session.
The Africa Food Prize is the preeminent award recognizing an outstanding individual or institution that is leading the effort to change the reality of farming in Africa—from a struggle to survive in a business that thrives.
The US $100,000 prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda. It puts a spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent to create a new era of food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
Africa Food Prize Objectives
- The Africa Food Prize recognizes extraordinary women, men, and institutions whose outstanding contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates all Africans.
- Building on the values and principles established by the Yara Prize, the Africa Food Prize puts a bright spotlight on achievements and innovations with transformative power that can be scaled and replicated across the continent to eliminate hunger and poverty and provide a vital new source of employment and income.
Africa Food Prize Selection Criteria:
The Africa Food Prize will honour outstanding contributions within every aspect of agriculture and food production that is clearly related to combating hunger and reducing poverty in Africa.
Decisions will be based on the Prize Committee’s research into and deliberations of the nominees´ work and an evaluation of their achievements.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the Prize:
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
- Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability to persevere despite significant challenges or risks
Africa Food Prize Nomination Procedure:
- Nominations for the Africa Food Prize 2017 open ON 6TH March 2017 and close on Monday 5th June, 2017 .
- The winner for the Africa Food Prize 2017 will be awarded at the Africa Food Prize gala dinner on 6th September 2017 during AGRF in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
Application Deadline: Monday 5th June, 2017 .
For More Information: