The Africa-China Reporting Project Internship Programme Application, Eligibility, Requirement and Guideline for the 2017/2018 session.
- Application Deadline: March 21 2017.
The Africa-China Reporting Project (“the Project”) at Wits Journalism is seeking to fill a paid Internship position in a full-time capacity at Wits Journalism for a period of six months (with the possibility of an extension for another six months).
The ideal person for this position is versatile, flexible and diligent, with a thorough understanding of the Project’s activities and objectives and creative ideas on how best to attain and improve them. The Project is also seeking a vibrant candidate to carry out its “Africa-China” vision and orientation.
The major tasks of the internship will be to assist the Project Coordinator and to contribute to the successful implementation of the Project’s various activities planned for 2017, but also to assist with administrative tasks and coordination, research and publications, events and interactions with journalists, systems and planning, and more.
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Assist the Project Coordinator of the Project
- Manage various administrative tasks related to the disbursement of reporting grants, etc.
- Assist with organising Project events and functions including workshops, seminars and talks
- Conduct research on Africa-China matters for the Project web portal, and assist with maintaining the web portal
- Assist with Project communications and published material
Qualifications, skills and aptitude of the ideal candidate:
- Academic qualifications in journalism, media studies or related fields
- Experience and knowledge of China and Africa-China relations; appreciation of the Project’s Africa-China orientation and outlook
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn and contribute
- Competence with online and offline media and journalism, as well as processing and design tools
How to Apply for Africa-China Reporting Project Internship Programme:
- To apply, applicants must send an email marked “APPLICATION – INTERNSHIP” containing a CV (including a list of Africa-China publications if any) and a covering letter explaining interest in and aptitude for position to email@example.com by no later than March 21 2017.
For More Information: